Sunday 4 September 2011

Winter is here

It's 'frosh week' here at the college, and one of the perks of working for/in the college is I get to take part in some of it.  Last Friday I got to go to an 80s rock tribute concert, something that I imagine is a rare thing in Iqaluit.  It was a small crowd but was a lot of fun actually, the band was really into it.  Nice mix of JonBon and Van Halen. 


It was pouring rain that night and really cold.  The next morning I look out my window and across the bay the once green mountains are completely white.  Looks like a foot of snow.  None here yet accept the odd fluries, but if we were maybe 500 feet higher I bet that rain would have been a blizzard.  Its also feeling very cold all the time now, never getting above 10 degrees.  Going to have to bring up some warmer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment