Sunday 9 October 2011

Last week we had a full satellite outage, which caused all cell phones, internet, bank machines/debit/ and long distance calling to go down for a full day.  All planes were also grounded.  Pretty scary that something like that can happen, as our lives depend on these things.  I can go a day without email, but if I can't buy food, then I am worried.  Thankfully places were taking credit cards on the 'honour system'.  Could you imagine something like that happening for even an hour in downtown Toronto?  I imagine riots would break out.


On Tuesday I fly out to Igloolik for a few days.  It will be my first time above the arctic circle.  It is also a very traditional community, so I am hoping I will get to try a few new things.


Happy Thanksgiving.  Uncle Ben's fried rice for me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment