Friday 5 August 2011

I think I have been here too long, as I am starting to recognize people in my day to day life now. Like, every day. Its inevitable in a small town regardless, but this is a small town with no where else to go. There's no city to drive into, you need groceries there is one of two places you are going. You want to eat out there is like 4 options, and that's it. So you are bound to keep running into the same people over and over. Basically forget any ideas of living a private, quiet life up here, because you are part of the town, one big happy family.


On that note, its looking like my stay here may be extended, perhaps right to Christmas. I don't think I want to come back after, as January on Baffin Island sounds....cold. People assure me that winter is the best time to be up here, but I am sure they are just living in denial. -40, average. No, thank you. Oh but it's a dry cold! They are all nuts.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the park pics. Would love to spend a day there, go in and stay a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a government job. Less than a month in and it's already been extended. Enjoy the Fall/Winter.

    ReplyDelete