Friday 15 July 2011

Day 2 in Iqaluit

Made it here alive.  Flight was actually quite nice, and was uneventful coming in.  Once we got below the clouds, I could see snow on the ground still.  That’s nice to see in...July. 


Will update on the town later, hopefully with pictures.  I am still trying to track down a constant internet connection.  I can get a wireless modem and service for about $150/month, not bad for dial-up speeds and 3gb caps.  Maybe I can just learn to live without it...


A few things that have surprised me so far:

-no one wears seat belts, and if you do people will make fun of you
-produce was easily found, great selection, and not overly expensive (compared to other things)
-mosquitoes are the size of moths and never go away



I otherwise enjoy it up here.  The air is crisp and noticeably cleaner.  People are unbelievable friendly.  I wish I had brought my hiking boots with me, as the town is surrounded with large rocky hills that I would like to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment