Wednesday 13 July 2011

Stop over in Ottawa

The flight from Kitchener to Ottawa today on BearSkin Airlines (doesn't get more Canadian than a name like that) was smooth.  Plane was probably the size that I can look forward to over the next few months, pretty well had to crawl out of it. 

Met with the client this afternoon to get into some of the technical details of the project, as well as some of the history.  The guys running the show have been involved with the infrastructure there since before the territory was formed (1999), and I can't imagine this project working without them.  It's less of a network 'refresh', as it is a complete rebuild.  As you can expect, things don't evolve the way things in your normal corporate networks do, and there likely will be plenty of things that haven't been touched in decades.  This project will be a massive leap forward from a LAN and WAN standpoint and will build oppertunities for the long term for them. 


Fly out tomorrow morning and hopefully will make it online to update with some pictures.  When I get there I am to leave the 'yellow airport' and head over to the 'brown building', and my apartment is "up the hill".  Those are my directions.  I'll have to see if the GPS will take it...

For now its time to try and sleep off all this sushi (figured I would get one last fill)

No comments:

Post a Comment