Tuesday 5 April 2016

5 years later, time for another journal. Its nice to be able to look back, I figured I would write this down, and this seemed like a good a place as any. Also since Im still playing with routers, and its still cold, the name is fitting.



The goal is to completely hike the Bruce trail from Niagara to Tobermory by the end of the year. 885 km total. I do not plan to take any shortcuts, meaning if there is a side trail that saves me a couple of KM I will not take it, and take the white blazes always. I also plan to keep do the trail as 'in order' as possible, with the odd exception for hiking with others.

Its already April, and the peninsula can get rough in the winter. Id like to do Wiarton to Tobermory, the hardest and most remote part of the trail, in one shot. 165km in probably 5 or 6 days. This means getting to Wiarton by the end of September, for a week long hike in October to finish the trail. It may be a crunch to fit it in, but here is the attempt!

Here is hoping for more of this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment