Saturday 16 April 2016

Hike #5 - Niagara section 68.1-81.1
total hiked:81.1
total time: 14:30


A quick run through the last of the Niagara section. Some pretty technical rocky sections closer to Grimsby, but its a nice change of pace.

Coming into Grimsby there seems to be a reroute compared to my maps (rev 26). Instead of keeping in the woods, the trail literally cuts up through someone's backyard and onto the road. After a while the white markers disappear and I think I missed a drop in, but even on my ride back I took the same way and didn't see anything. Then all of the sudden I see a blaze into the last KM of woods on mountain rd. Its fine, just don't be discouraged as long as you are going the right direction.

Spring time

Its good getting a section done, but daunting as its not even 10% of the trail at this point. I will be glad to get done with QEW soon, not sure how people put up with that everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment